VBS Update
Just 16 days until this year's VBS Treasure Cove begins. There's lots of work to do to get ready to make our VBS a success, but I thought I'd spend a few moments updating you on how things are progressing.
Publicity - This morning we planned to hand out up to 2,000 fliers to the homes in our community. I'm in Tucson, Arizona right now, so I don't know how that went. We also have a 3' x 4' sign that should be up at church to let passers-by know about our VBS. Information about VBS has been on our web site for weeks and we'll be sure to have the details on the church sign as well. Of course, the best way to get the word out is by word of mouth. If you know a family with kids that might be interested--VBS is an easy way to invite friends or neighbors to see what our congregation is all about.
Recruitment - I don't know how many children have been registered for VBS. I've received a few registrations online. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register now. Next week I hope to send out postcards to all the kids in our congregation and school who have not yet registered. If you would like to help with that, please let me know. I won't be back in Modesto until next Thursday (15th), so any help will be appreciated.
Training - For those of you who have volunteered to help with VBS, we'll be setting a meeting time (possibly Monday the 19th?) to decide who will be responsible for what. Before that, I'll be contacting some of you to ask you to think about specific tasks that need to be done. You may also let me know if there is some specific way you would like to help. I'll be working up a list of some of the tasks to do and positions that we need filled. By next week we'll also know more about how many kids will be attending.
Above all, I ask that you keep our VBS in your prayers. Pray that the children who attend may be strengthened in their faith in Jesus, their greatest and priceless treasure.

<< Home