
On Thursday morning I sent the file to the printer for our Easter postcards. This is the second time we've sent postcards like this. We sent similar ones for Christmas. At Christmas we sent out around 2,000 cards to the area surrounding our church. This time we are doing 2,400. The process was much smoother this time for a couple reasons. The first is because we've done it before. Last time I had to reapply for our nonprofit mailing permit, plus I had to investigate the best way to actually do the mailing. I ended up finding a guy who will do the mailings for a very reasonable rate. This time I basically handed the work off to him. I gave him the cards I ordered through
Pastor Jon Schroeder in Georgia and sent the file to the printer. He'll do all the running for me. That saves me a lot of time and frustration. I'm thankful that he's been so willing to work with us and be so helpful.
The goal with these postcards is simply to invite people to come to our services. The card talks about "new life." It doesn't say anything about it, just where you can find it. That's where our services come in, where we can point people to the cross and the empty tomb.
A secondary goal with these cards is just to get our name out into the community. Most people who get the cards won't come to our services. But hopefully they will know that we are here. In most cases, these people got another card from us last December. Maybe the second time they'll come. Or maybe the third.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home